Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WOMEN OF WEDNESDAY: PHANTOM LADY

There have been a few versions of the Phantom Lady character. My favorite is the DC design and it was tough to choose between this one and the updated newer outfit. I really didn't know where I was going to go with it until I started laying down the lines with a black colorpencil.

Just because I've been asked a few times, these pieces don't take very long at all. The longest I've spent on one of these types of blog entries is maybe thirty minutes. I usually scribble them out while listening to a tv show and I'm always done before the end credits roll. The part that actually takes up the most time is scanning the sketch in and doing some simple color adjustments to make them pop a bit more.

I do have a list of ideas for future entries but I jump around it so from idea to quick rough to rough finishes is the process I go through to get these done. I don't really worry about getting stuff spot on or get too hung up on trying to make them look perfect. These are just for fun, a self-indulgent little excercise to either help loosen me up before attacking the more involved work or help me wind down after a long day at the table.



No comments:

Post a Comment