Thursday, July 1, 2010

VERSUSING?

Behind the scenes peek at what went into making the cover for 5finity's great series, Zombies vs Cheerleaders.



I was pretty satisfied with the girl in the first blueline pass but her lower half, her legs looked jacked up so I elongated them a bit and went with a more solid pose.



Here you can see how I work once I block out what I'm doing with a scene, panel, or in this case a cover. The blueline is just my starting point to give me an idea of what I want to do with the finished piece. You can see the oval zombie head shapes floating around in the background. That's about as detailled as I dare get because my pencils tend to be so heavy to begin with and the less graphite there is on the page for me to smear the better!

Want to see the finished piece along with all sorts of inked and colored goodness from some of my partners in crime? Then...

No comments:

Post a Comment