Sunday, February 7, 2010

WHAT IS TOTALLY DEAD YET FULL OF SPIRIT?

A crazy little cardset by 5Finity Productions called ZOMBIES vs CHEERLEADERS, that's what! This set features everyone's favorite flesh (and sometimes just BRAAAAAAINZZZ) gobbling ghouls taking on the bolstering babes of sports and schools.

I was lucky enough to be asked to doodle up some sketchcards for the set and had a blast doing so. Crazy thing about zombies and cheerleaders, they go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Unless of course you're allergic to peanuts in which case I feel for ya.

Here is a look at the cards in their inked rough stage before erasing the pencilwork and adding color with my Prismacolor markers:



As a special bonus to the fine folks who follow me on Zombies Love Comics here is a peek at a very rare occurrence. I was soooo tired the night I was wrapping up the pencil/ink stage on my cards that I drew some ZvC art onto another cardset I was working on at the time by mistake:



Sadly I had to draw another set of images over the inked cards and this is the only proof these cards ever exsisted. Of course this just goes to show that you can never fall too much in love with your work and get "married" to the images you draw because a mix-up like this can happen to the best of us. At least in this digital age there can be some record of not only our triumphs but more importantly our mistakes to that we can learn from them and hopefully move forward.

To put it simply, drawing when you're dead (pun totally intended) tired is some risky business and always make sure you're drawing on what you're supposed to be before you do.

If you'd like to see the finished cards please click: ZvC Sketchcards

No comments:

Post a Comment